If you’re a student or parent in East Africa who wants premier university advising and counseling, you’ve come to the right place!
OUR EDUCATION CONSULTANTS
Laura Nye (rhymes with bye, chai)
AHEC Assistant Director
Laura is an American with more than a decade of professional experience working in US higher education. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, and graduated with two majors and a minor. Her enrollment experience in the US, combined with her local knowledge of the various people and culture of both countries, puts her in a unique position to bridge the continental gap. She has worked with thousands of students, read and evaluated just as many applications and essays; she ensures each students’ unique story is shared. Outside of work, Laura enjoys spending time with her husband and their friends, traveling, trying new restaurants and getting lost in Karura Forest.
Senior Higher Education Consultant
Chandni is a senior education consultant at AHEC and joined the company in 2016. She participated in a cultural exchange program (YES) in the US where she completed high school. She graduated from USIU – Africa with a Bachelor’s degree in International Relations and a minor in Broadcast Journalism. Chandni has a background in media where she worked at Standard Media Group for three and a half years before joining AHEC. In her free time, Chandni loves art, going on outdoor adventures, trying out new foods and traveling.
Higher Education Consultant
Genevieve is a higher education consultant at AHEC and is the newest addition to the company, joining in October 2018. She participated in an intercultural exchange program (YES) in the US back in high school where she completed her junior year. Genevieve has worked in higher education for two years, initially working with the UK. At AHEC, she’s happy to be focusing on North America. In her free time, Genevieve enjoys painting, doing make up and watching plays.
Our Team has:
- Lived in the US, and went through the American education system at either high school and/or university.
- More than 20 years of combined experience working in Admissions Offices at various colleges and universities in the US.
- The only professionally- qualified and trained American (in Kenya) on staff to be employed in the Admissions Office at a selective liberal arts college in Minnesota, USA.
- Visited more than 300 four-year universities and colleges in the US.
- Read and evaluated more than 3,000 applications and essays.
Our Success includes:
- Individual approach means authentic and high-quality applications.
- 100%* of our students receive multiple offers, including admission to Ivy Leagues, national universities and liberal arts colleges.
- More than $10 million combined in merit and need-based scholarships over four years.**
- Success with Lester B. Pearson, the full scholarship to the University of Toronto in St. George, Ontario, Canada.
- 99% approved for US student visa and Canadian study permits.
If you have a dream to study abroad in the US or Canada, our mission is to give you the best advice. Because you deserve the best with no hidden agenda! Our goal is to help you get into your optimal university by providing honest, accurate and ethical advice.
* If you follow our advice on how to structure your search based on reach, mid-range and safety schools.
**Since our first students enrolled in 2013.
Paying for university is an investment and can range from US$25,000 to US$70,000 per year. We’ll help you apply for merit scholarships and recommend others that you may be eligible to receive. Please note – AHEC is not a scholarship agency and we are unable to assist with funding your education.