Did you know there are more than 2,500 four-year colleges and universities where you can study abroad in the United States and Canada? That’s why it’s important to start this process early, one full year before you intend to enroll.
Taking into consideration your academic credentials, interests in and out of the classroom, test scores, location preference, learning environment, and budget, we create a list of schools that can be the best fit for you!
AHEC’s Comprehensive Services include:
- Individual meetings at each key step in the process to studying abroad in the USA or Canada.
- Evaluation and assessment of all academic records, including transcripts, reports and recommendations, entrance exams and co-curricular activities.
- Detailed report with realistic university list tailored to the student’s abilities, interests, needs, and budget.
- Advice on maximizing co-curricular involvement, application requirements, and deadlines to apply.
- Guidance with short-listing university selection and application review for up to 12 schools.
- Roadmap to understanding majors and common career paths.
- Essay brainstorming, development, and editing for all main and supplemental essays.
- Research and help with university-affiliated scholarship applications.
- Assistance with FAFSA and/or CSS Profile for financial aid consideration.
- Strategies for Deferral and Waitlist decisions.
- Preparation for student visa/study permit application and interview.
- Follow through on Next Steps to Enrollment (registering for classes, applying for housing, understanding your tuition statement, etc.).
- Pre-departure orientation.
- Follow up communication after enrollment to monitor student satisfaction, and to support the student through their university adventure.
AHEC does it all with you from beginning to end, or joining wherever you are in the process. We recommend starting one year before your desired intake to maximize university options and scholarships, but we can work with students at any point throughout the cycle.
Contact AHEC for pricing and to get started on studying abroad in the USA and Canada!