Canada has positioned itself to become another great destination for international students. Throughout Canada’s 13 provinces and territories, there are more than 130 colleges and 90 universities. There are many reasons why Canada is a great study abroad destination and we’ve identified the top six below!
Top 6 Reasons to Study In Canada
- Canadian degrees and diplomas are highly comparable to those from the United States, United Kingdom and Australia.
- Canadian governments invests heavily in the education system.
- Canada has some of the top universities in the world and AHEC is proud to partner with many of them. From Business to Engineering, you are bound to find your program!
- Most Canadian universities do not require SAT’s or ACT’s for admission.
- In many cases co-curricular activities and student involvement are not critical to admission.
- Canadian universities tend to be more straightforward with their academic requirements, more objective than subjective.
Co-ops & Internships
- International students enrolled in a full-time post-secondary program at a Designated Learning Institute (DLI) can work up to 20 hours per week during school terms and full-time (30+ hours/week) during scheduled breaks, such as the summer holidays.
- Students can get relevant work through their internships and co-ops in their degrees.
- Canada is a welcoming country with a unique Canadian culture that embraces diversity and celebrates multiculturalism.
- Roughly 25% of the Canadian population is born to immigrant parents making it a melting pot of different backgrounds and cultures.
- In the last 10 years Canada has established itself an immigration friendly country for students post graduation.
- Depending on the major, a student can stay in the country up to three years through the Post Graduate Work Permit program.